24 hrs 15 mins
This is a very tasty treat that comes from Vietnam. Sweet and tart at the same time. The texture of this is yogurt is very different from your average yogurt. It has the same appearance and smell from your same plain yogurt. You don't stir this type of yogurt when you eat it. I don't know how long this takes to turn out, but when I do the last hot bath I leave it overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First mix the boiling water and sweet milk together until smooth in a bowl.
- 2With a spoon or whisk.
- 3Set Aside Mix the milk and plain yogurt together until smooth in another bowl; with a spoon or whisk.
- 4Mix both mixtures together.
- 5Until there are no yogurt lumps.
- 6Pour this mixture into little plastic containers.
- 7This makes 8 small yogurt containers.
- 8You can also use baby food jars.
- 9Place your yogurt containers into something that can hold water.
- 10Make a bath for the containers.
- 11I use a large pot.
- 12Make a kettle of boiling water and pour it carefully into the pot until the water has reached almost to the top of your yogurt containers.
- 13Do not get water into your yogurt mixture.
- 14Place a towel over your bath.
- 15When the boiling water has cooled completely.
- 16The yogurt mixture should have set a little bit.
- 17Repeat step 12.
- 18You should only have a hot bath twice.
- 19When the water bath has cooled completely.
- 20Put in the refrigerator to keep cold until served.
- 21*The yogurt should taste sweet and tart.
- 22*If the yogurt is sweet and not set; then the bath of water was hot for too long.
- 23Do not have your containers over a burner to keep the water warm.
- 24This will cause it to be too sweet and not set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g