Recipe by honeey
This is a very tasty treat that comes from Vietnam. Sweet and tart at the same time. The texture of this is yogurt is very different from your average yogurt. It has the same appearance and smell from your same plain yogurt. You don't stir this type of yogurt when you eat it. I don't know how long this takes to turn out, but when I do the last hot bath I leave it overnight.
Top Review by Wheres_the_Beef?
I made this recipe and it's really good. I have a yogurt maker, so I finished the recipe in the electric heated yogurt maker instead of the water bath. Six hours of incubation in the electric yogurt maker is just about right for a well balanced sweet / sour combination.
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (Longevity Brand Sua Ong Tho)
- 450 ml boiling water
- 1 (300 ml) can milk
- 175 g plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix the boiling water and sweet milk together until smooth in a bowl.
- With a spoon or whisk.
- Set Aside Mix the milk and plain yogurt together until smooth in another bowl; with a spoon or whisk.
- Mix both mixtures together.
- Until there are no yogurt lumps.
- Pour this mixture into little plastic containers.
- This makes 8 small yogurt containers.
- You can also use baby food jars.
- Place your yogurt containers into something that can hold water.
- Make a bath for the containers.
- I use a large pot.
- Make a kettle of boiling water and pour it carefully into the pot until the water has reached almost to the top of your yogurt containers.
- Do not get water into your yogurt mixture.
- Place a towel over your bath.
- When the boiling water has cooled completely.
- The yogurt mixture should have set a little bit.
- Repeat step 12.
- You should only have a hot bath twice.
- When the water bath has cooled completely.
- Put in the refrigerator to keep cold until served.
- *The yogurt should taste sweet and tart.
- *If the yogurt is sweet and not set; then the bath of water was hot for too long.
- Do not have your containers over a burner to keep the water warm.
- This will cause it to be too sweet and not set.