Ricky Henry-Davies's Note:
We had this dish in a vietnamese restaurant recently its crunchy on the outside and the eggplant is soft like butter on the inside! Great for dinner parties or a great snack with cold beers.Sensational!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix freshly ground pepper and salt together set aside.
- 2peel eggplant and slice into finger sized pieces - not too thick.
- 3sift and mix flours with baking soda.
- 4add iced soda water slowly till consistency of pouring cream.
- 5heat oil in wok or deep fryer.
- 6dust eggplant with flour dip in batter thin coating
- 7fry in batches till golden.
- 8sprinkle with salt n pepper mixture.
- 9serve with wedges of limes
- 10optional add egg to flour for softer batter.
- 11add chili to batter for extra zing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Salt and Pepper Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1218.8
- Calories from Fat 992
- Total Fat 110.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5434.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g