Prep 6 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Big on flavor. The marinade may be used on most any type meat.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons shallots
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped (garnishment)
- Using a mini food processor, pulse the sugar, garlic, shallot and lemongrass to a mince-like texture. Add the pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and oil; process to combine well.
- Place the pork chops in a large zip-lock bag and pour the marinade to coat. Massage the marinade around to coat the pork chops evenly. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, up to 24 hours. Allow the pork chops to rest at room temperature, about 30-45 minutes, before grilling. Season with salt the chops.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the pork chops over direct high heat, with the lid closed for about 4 minutes. Flip the chops and cook for an additional and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Remove from the grill, and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve over steamed white rice and nuoc cham dipping sauce.