Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
They always have interesting recipes to try. Made with a slight adjustment.
Make and share this Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich (Food Network Magazine) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 hoagie rolls, split in half lengthwise and toasted to your liking
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped gherkins
- 1 tablespoon brine from gherkin
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- Soak first 3 ingredients in ice water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of the mayo with the lime juice, honey, gherkins and brine.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables, parsley with the dressing.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup mayo with the chili sauce in a small bowl.
- Spread the chili mayo evenly between the halved rolls.
- Divide the chicken salad among the rolls.
Breakout the napkins because these sandwiches are nicely over flowing with veggies that stay cold and crisp from there ice water bath to the chicken dressed in a honey gherkin dressing. We did enjoy these and found them very satisfying. DH was so happy there was no bite to them while I would have enjoyed more of a sweet / savory contrast or more heat. Thanks for the post.
This is a delicious and easy interpretation. We really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing.