Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice refreshing salad recipe from Super Food Ideas. Chili garlic dressing can be made combine 2 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons fish sauce, 1 garlic clove (minced), 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 bird's eye chillies finely chopped - mix all in a jug).
- 100 g rice vermicelli (dried noodles)
- 2 cups chicken (cooked shredded)
- 1 carrot (large peeled cut into matchssticks)
- 1⁄2 cup mint (fresh leaves)
- 1⁄3 cup chili, garlic dressing (Vietnamese)
- iceberg lettuce (leaves)
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boilding water and stand for 5 minutes or until softened and drain and rinse under cold water and drain and return to the bowl.
- Add chicken, carrot, nunt and dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide mixture between lettuce leaves and serve.
this was really good! a bit too hot for us. dh liked it even though he's NOT a fan of rice noodles, heh heh heh. i sort of tripled the recipe using the breasts of a chicken I roasted the other day. I used 1 box (450g) rice noodles, 1 cup mint, about 1/2 lb baby carrots quartered lenthwise & 1 8oz jar garlic chili sauce. It was a bit dry but very spicy. I'm trying to figure out what to add to make it saucier but not any hotter. Any ideas? this was really easy & came together quickly. made for aussie swap 5/11. thank you!!