Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Light tasty Vietnamese Beef Wraps. Just right for a healthy, refreshing summer dish.
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 long red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeds removed,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400 g steak fillets, very finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 large soft lettuce leaves
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, pour in enough water to cover and leave for 1 minute or until soft.
- Drain thoroughly then toss in a bowl with chilli, cucumber and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, toss beef with garlic, fish sauce, rice wine and sugar.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking.
- Add half the beef and stir-fry for about 30 seconds to sear.
- Remove and repeat with remaining beef, keep warm.
- Divide the noodle mixture, beef and mint between the lettuce leafs and roll loosely.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
These wraps have become a family favorite! The recipe is turned out perfect the first time I tried it and the flavor is incredible. They're light, filling, and great for the waistline.
I was so excited in making this dish and trying it. The fun part here is mixing them in parts, rolling it and eating it with my fingers.Totally different from the usual way of eating. DH preferred not to use his hands though and just eat them separately with chopsticks.Even so, he said it was very good and very healthy.The lettuce and cucumber was crunchy,the mint from our garden's fresh and the beef's tasty.Easy to prepare too!We also had this with Recipe #58896 and brown rice.Boy,I felt I was in heaven!lol I'll be making this again!Thanks,Jewelies!
This was okay, but not exceptional. Nice change of pace though.