Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was trying to think up a cheap and unique meal that would use up my leftover taco meat.. so used what I had around the house...this ended up being a HUGE hit! Serve with Corn Bread Muffins and you have a very filling, tasty and cheap meal! Generic brands will work fine for everything, but the mac and cheese needs to be the cheese pouch kind (i.e. Velveeta, Deluxe, Creamy, etc)..not the the powdered mix kind..
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes Mac n' Cheese Deluxe
- 2 cups taco meat
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Del Monte zesty jalapeno pepper diced tomato
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees,.
- Make Mac & Cheese According to package Directions & Place in a large bowl.
- Open both cans of Tomatoes, Draining Juices from one can of Diced Tomatoes depending on amount of spiciness desired (Use Jalapeno Tomato Juice for higher heat levels, Mexican Tomato Juice for more mild flavor),.
- Heat Taco meat in Microwave.
- Add both cans of tomatoes(plus juice) & Taco Meat to Bowl with Mac & cheese, Mix well.
- Place in an 8x8 Baking Dish.
- Cover with French Fried Onions, then sprinkle with Shredded Cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 min @ 350 degrees, or until onions/cheese begin to brown.