Recipe by Atiekay
Fast, easy and works with whatever you've got on hand in your kitchen. I've just started you off with my own pantry staples. This is a perfect pair for my apple/nut-butter toast as I scramble to get out the door in the morning! Try and use the pure vanilla extract, not the imitation, because it really enhances the flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (any variety, OR 1/2 cup milk)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, cold (OR any juice in your fridge)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (OR mixed berries or raspberries)
- 1 cup frozen peaches (OR frozen mango or pineapples)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ice cubes (more if they're small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend everything except cubes in a blender.
- Add the cubes and blend until smooth.
- Fill a travel mug with your smoothie and stash the rest for your after work/school snack!
- **If you like your smoothie sweeter, add a squeeze of honey.
- **If you had a rough day at work, add a couple shots of vodka to the 2nd portion!