Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is going to sound very strange, but this taco salad has been a family favorite for years. We've made it so much, we just eyeball all the ingredients, but I know you use equal amounts of the wet ingredients in this recipe. Adjust ingredients to your taste, and prepare to be suprised. This is great for a lunch or even an appetizer for a party.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 2 cups cheese, shredded (any yellow variety)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Cook beef and drain fat.
- In a large bowl, combine ALL ingredients. Mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cover tightly and refridgerate leftovers no more than 2 days. Do NOT reheat. Mix well before serving cold.
I can't believe that this hasn't been reviewed until now. I was really curious how this would turn out with pork and beans. It turned out great. The recipe is quick and easy and tastes good to boot. Thanks for sharing your unusual taco salad. Made for Spring PAC 2014.