Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love "gross" recipes, because they always turn out amazing. So I couldn't wait to try out HeatherFeather's Recipe #2562555. It quickly became a breakfast staple for me, but I ended up modifying it so much I thought it would be better to include this recipe rather than post a horrendously long comment. Still, THANKS HeatherFeather!
- Grind your peppercorn with a pestle and mortar. Don't make it very fine, just crush it a little. Trust me, once you start grinding your own pepper, you'll HATE commercial black pepper.
- Mix the olive oil with your ground pepper. Rub it all over your tomato slices. Leave it in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of your bread. The thicker, the better.
- Heat a pan, then grease it with your olive oil. Place your bread, peanut butter side up on the pan to toast it.
- After about a minute or so, turn over so peanut butter side is down.
- After about a minute, flip your bread onto a plate (or paper towel), peanut butter side up.
- Place your tomatoes on your pan. Cook both sides until they're a little browned.
- Place your cooked tomatoes on the peanut butter side of your bread. Sprinkle a little salt, if desired.
Hi - haven't tried this, but wanted to mention, it wasn't HeatherFeather's recipe. It was mine.
I loved the combination of peanut butter and pepper!!! That was the best part of this recipe for me (although I did like the tomato too)...I had never thought of doing it before. Thanks!