southern chef in louisiana's Note:
So good that people will think you are a real pastry chef with this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 pint strawberry, divided
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Prepare the cake according to the directions, omitting the water and using buttermilk in its place.
- 3Add melted chocolate.
- 4Fold in the next 5 ingredients.
- 5Pour into 3 greased 8-inch round cake pans.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes; cool.
- 7Prepare the chocolate pudding using 1 cup of milk and fold in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- 8Fill pastry bag and repeat with vanilla pudding using the other milk and 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- 9Put this in another pastry bag.
- 10Slice the strawberries leaving 8 whole for garnish.
- 11Pipe half the chocolate pudding on first cake.
- 12Layer that with half of the sliced strawberries.
- 13Then pipe on half of the vanilla pudding.
- 14Repeat the layers.
- 15On top layer put 7 large dollops of chocolate pudding around the edge of cake top, and then top the chocolate dollops with small dollops of vanilla pudding.
- 16Set the 7 whole strawberries on the top of the pudding dollops.
- 17Slice the last strawberry in to 1/8 inch slices and arrange like a fan in the center of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Chocolaty Zucchini Cake
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g