Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
So good that people will think you are a real pastry chef with this one.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 pint strawberry, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the cake according to the directions, omitting the water and using buttermilk in its place.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Fold in the next 5 ingredients.
- Pour into 3 greased 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes; cool.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding using 1 cup of milk and fold in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- Fill pastry bag and repeat with vanilla pudding using the other milk and 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- Put this in another pastry bag.
- Slice the strawberries leaving 8 whole for garnish.
- Pipe half the chocolate pudding on first cake.
- Layer that with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Then pipe on half of the vanilla pudding.
- Repeat the layers.
- On top layer put 7 large dollops of chocolate pudding around the edge of cake top, and then top the chocolate dollops with small dollops of vanilla pudding.
- Set the 7 whole strawberries on the top of the pudding dollops.
- Slice the last strawberry in to 1/8 inch slices and arrange like a fan in the center of cake.