Recipe by Trixyinaz
This frosting is to die for if you love lemon! Perfect as the frosting on a white or lemon cake. I think I found this in Betty Croker's cookbook, but can't remember. VERY VERY LEMONY!
Top Review by Kikimony
Oh wow! This was very good! My DH wouldn't stop sticking his finger in the bowl! We have some left from the small cake so he ended up layering some in between cookies to munch on. No more sugar for him!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, lemon peel and lemon juice in medium bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat 2 to 3 minutes longer or until light and fluffy.
- Note: This frosting is very lemony.
- However, when eaten the next day, it isn't as lemony and still very good.
- Will cover a 9 x 13 cake or bunt cake.