Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 mins
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 245.79 g package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (1 sheet)
- 236.59 ml diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 14.79 ml water
- In a bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice; add in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; toss to combine.
- In a big skillet, melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add in apple mixture; cook/stir 7-10 minutes until apple juices release and apples are slightly softened.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture; cook about 2 minutes; remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry sheet to a 12x10 inch rectangle; cut pastry sheet into 6 inch squares.
- Add the diced cheese to the cooled apple mixture.
- Divide the apple mixture in the center of each pastry square, leaving a 1 inch border along the long sides.
- Carefully, fold into triangle shape, crimp the ends together with fork to seal; and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Lightly brush the outside of each square with the egg wash.
- Using a sharp knife, make a small slit in the top of each triangle.
- Bake 20-24 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool slightly; serve warm.