Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious, also looks beautiful in cut glass serving bowl or footed glasses. What's better than strawberries and cream with a touch of chocolate? This favorite recipe comes from a small paperback cookbook called Strawberry Patchwork, by Susan McCreary. I bought the cookbook many years ago while on vacation in Georgia.
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated sweet chocolate (German sweet chocolate baking bar)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Hull berries and slice in half.
- Arrange in bowl.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until BARELY thick.
- Fold in grated sweet chocolate and vanilla.
- Serve as sauce over berries.
This is FABULOUS!! My mom made this for my family and a friend that was visting and everyone was quite impressed. It looked fancy and tasted wonderful. The cream goes perfectly with the strawberries. What a wonderfully satisfying dessert.
So pretty and so easy to prepare! I halved the recipe, using a dark chocolate candy bar. My DH and I loved it! Thank you AggieMom!