Christmas Carol's Note:
This is definitely less of an imaginative recipe and much more a reminder to all grilled cheese lovers just how wonderful this classic sandwich tastes! I make them several ways, but this version is without a doubt my all-time favorite! With it's buttery, crunchy golden crust and flavorful ultra-creamy interior, it can't be beat. Oh, I hear a block of Velveeta calling out to me from the fridge...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread softened margarine on one side of the four slices of bread.
- 2In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, lay two slices- buttered side down.
- 3Top each with cheese and remaining bread slices- buttered side up.
- 4Cook until golden on one side (about 2-3 minutes) and flip sandwiches over.
- 5Cook until other side is golden and serve them hot from the skillet.
- 6Note- I have tried the individually wrapped Velveeta slices and prefer the block version much better/ I think it's much more flavorful.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Velveeta Golden Grill
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 893.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g