Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is definitely less of an imaginative recipe and much more a reminder to all grilled cheese lovers just how wonderful this classic sandwich tastes! I make them several ways, but this version is without a doubt my all-time favorite! With it's buttery, crunchy golden crust and flavorful ultra-creamy interior, it can't be beat. Oh, I hear a block of Velveeta calling out to me from the fridge...
- 4 slices fresh white bread
- 2 slices Velveeta cheese (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Spread softened margarine on one side of the four slices of bread.
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, lay two slices- buttered side down.
- Top each with cheese and remaining bread slices- buttered side up.
- Cook until golden on one side (about 2-3 minutes) and flip sandwiches over.
- Cook until other side is golden and serve them hot from the skillet.
- Note- I have tried the individually wrapped Velveeta slices and prefer the block version much better/ I think it's much more flavorful.
This is the grilled cheese I grew up with. A classic that I still enjoy.