Recipe by Sharon123
This is a scrumptious, out of the ordinary sandwich, that will tickle your taste buds! Popular in England, Scandinavia, and all over the USA (especially California)
Top Review by breezermom
Very good sandwich! I only wish my tomato was "in season", then it would probably have blown me away. Loving avocados right now, and that is what drew me to the recipe. Delicious! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
- 2 slice whole wheat bread or 2 slice rye bread, thick
- 29.58 ml cream cheese, softened
- 6 slice cucumbers
- 29.58 ml alfalfa sprouts
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce (or spinach)
- 29.58 ml pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- On one slice of bread, arrange cucumber slices in a single layer.
- Cover with sprouts, then sprinkle with oil and vinegar.
- Layer tomato slices, lettuce, and pepperoncini.
- Spread other slice of bread with sliced avocado.
- Close sandwich and serve immediately.