Baking Bunny's Note:
This is a very delicious way to get your vegetables! This was the one meal my dad could get me to eat veggies as a child, and now I make it for my own family! My son has multiple food allergies so the only change I make for him is to use dairy free margarine and gluten free soy (and teriyaki) sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a medium pot on med/high heat and coat with olive oil.
- 2Pour 3 cups of water over oil, and empty tomato paste into pot.
- 3Wait until the paste becomes smooth, add bag of carrots and peas, and chopped potatoes. Cover.
- 4In a small saucepan put butter, garlic, and coriander over med heat and cook until browned (about 2 min).
- 5Add garlic mixture to veggie mix and stir, replacing cover.
- 6Pour olive oil into large sauce pan, and put on med/high. Put chicken in pan, as well as lemon juice, soy sauce, and teriyaki. Cover.
- 7In 7 minutes, flip chicken and recover.
- 8In 4-8 minutes, veggies and chicken should be ready to serve. Veggies best served over brown rice with a side of pita bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggies Any Child Will Eat and Teriyaki Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 2068.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 34.3 g