Recipe by 925053
**Based off of a recipe from Emeril Lagasse (found here: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emerils-brownies.html)** I made quite a few substitutions to the original recipe (such as using a different gluten-free flour, incorporating a liquid - hempmilk - and some flavor "extras," etcetera), so I figured that I could share my version of the recipe with you!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unrefined sugar (I used organic turbinado sugar)
- 1 banana, chopped into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life brand of allergen-free chocolate chips)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup hemp milk, adding more to the mix if necessary (or another nondairy "milk" of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180°C), and coat an 8"x8" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, in the order that they appear in the ingredients list. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.