Recipe by JESMom
'They' say kids who help in the kitchen are more likely to eat what they make. If that holds true, all the kids will be eating their veggies tonight :) Use a gallon size zip top bag if only one person is mixing them up, otherwise divide up the dry ingredients after mixing it up in a dish so each child can have one. I would hope this goes without saying, but obviously a child cannot fry these up with the hot oil! It will splatter, so make sure all the kids are away from the stove.
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 cups assorted cut up vegetables
- plain yogurt, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 3 quart saucepan that's at least 1 inch deep, or a deep frier.
- Mix Bisquick and dry dressing mix in a zip top baggie.
- Stir together the milk and egg. Add veggies; stirring to coat.
- Drop the veggies into the baggie with a slotted spoon. Seal the bag and shake to coat with the Bisquick mixture.
- Fry batches of vegetables in the oil for a minute or two until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with plain yogurt, if desired.