Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
'They' say kids who help in the kitchen are more likely to eat what they make. If that holds true, all the kids will be eating their veggies tonight :) Use a gallon size zip top bag if only one person is mixing them up, otherwise divide up the dry ingredients after mixing it up in a dish so each child can have one. I would hope this goes without saying, but obviously a child cannot fry these up with the hot oil! It will splatter, so make sure all the kids are away from the stove.
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 cups assorted cut up vegetables
- plain yogurt, if desired
- Heat oil in a 3 quart saucepan that's at least 1 inch deep, or a deep frier.
- Mix Bisquick and dry dressing mix in a zip top baggie.
- Stir together the milk and egg. Add veggies; stirring to coat.
- Drop the veggies into the baggie with a slotted spoon. Seal the bag and shake to coat with the Bisquick mixture.
- Fry batches of vegetables in the oil for a minute or two until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with plain yogurt, if desired.