Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty and pretty combination of vegetables and eggs. Feel free to substitute or add your families favourite vegetables, the combinations are endless. Great for Sunday Brunch with herbed hash browns and sausage medallions.
- 1 cup white mushroom, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onions (kitchen scissors work great) or 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced (kitchen scissors work great)
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup homogenized milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, cook mushrooms, green onions and zucchini for 5 minutes (to cook out excess juices that would make frittata soggy).
- Add to peppers, mix well and layer along bottom of low casserole dish.
- In small bowl, combine and whisk eggs, celery salt, pepper, milk and parmesan cheese. Pour mixture over vegetables in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over casserole dish.
- With hand held blender, break down toast into breadcrumbs. Layer over cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until egg is fully cooked (is not runny). Cut with spatula and serve.
- Baby’s portion may be cubed or mashed. Adults may want to add extra salt and pepper.