Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I prepare a half-recipe of this (usually on weekends) to use up left over vegetables. It's very forgiving. Feel free to add other veggies. I've used carrots and broccoli and it's still turned out well.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 15 ounces canned corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- halve bell peppers and roast in oven or toaster oven until skin softens but has not changed color, 3-5 minutes, then chop into 1/4 inch squares.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, then add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add zucchini squash, bell beppers, corn and cook, 5 minutes.
- Add spices (chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne) and stir around 30 seconds.
- Add marinara, tomatoes and black beans. stir and lower heat to simmer.
- Leave simmering between 20 minutes to an hour.
- Serve on bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro.