Recipe by l0ve2c00k
Very healthy and tasty recipe. I wanted to stuff chicken breasts but didn't have some of the ingredients for the recipes posted here in RZ. I saved the trip to the grocery store and came up with this one.
Top Review by Chef Schellies
This was good. It was also much easier to stuff them than we thought it was going to be. We used only 3 slices of cheese and we left the mushrooms out. This recipe has lots of possibilities. It was a nice, low-calorie dish. Thanks!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 asparagus spears (very chopped!)
- 1⁄2 small red pepper
- 2 mushrooms (your preference)
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a hand held food chopper (or food processor), chop all ingredients until pieces are very small.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil. When warm, add all chopped ingredients. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- With knife, cut a pocket in the breasts. Do not cut breasts in half.
- Using a small spoon, stuff breasts with veggies. Close pocket using tooth picks.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large pan, cook chicken in medium heat until ready.
- Add cheese slices and wait until melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil (if desired)and serve.