Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I didn't miss the meat at all. Good stuff courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2010 and Susan LeBrun of Sulphur, Louisiana.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (recipe calls for reduced-fat cheddar, no thanks)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olives, drained and sliced
- jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (recipe calls for fat-free sour cream, no thanks)
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing (recipe calls for fat-free ranch, no thanks)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place four 10 ounce custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Place the tortillas in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 for 1 minute.
- Place tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove tortillas from cups to cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, beans, tomatoes, cheese, onions, olives, and jalapenos.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve salad in the tortilla bowls.