Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an alternative way to get a little "good" food in your family without them realizing it. Tastes good too!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, cooked and chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- Break spaghetti into 2-inch pieces and cook according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Gradually add milk, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, spinach and garlic powder.
- Stir in spaghetti pieces.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Spread spaghetti mixture into pan, building up sides slightly.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over spaghetti"crust.
- "Spread broccoli and zucchini over sauce and sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
My dh loved this recipe--and he didn't even miss the meat. He thought it was a very good choice for vegi night. However,it took longer for prep than I expected--the prep time was closer to 30 minutes for me, but that included time for cooking the spaghetti and broccoli, shredding the cheese and cutting the veggies.
i absolutely love this recipe! telling kids its a spaghetti pizza and them eating it is so much easier than getting them to eat what it is.. baked spaghetti!
Yum! Yum! I was recommended this recipe by the wife of my husband's boss who said this is the one of the best recipes on Recipezaar! I laughed after I typed in the recipe number and saw Tish's name and knew it had to be a winner :) Although, no one in my immediate family enjoyed this (DH has sworn off spinach since the Ready Set Cook contest that had it for one of the ingredients!!) I loved it and I also gave some to my parents and they loved it too! Thanks for posting this recipe and thanks to L for recommending it!