Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a book titled "The Higher Taste." It's an absolutely delicious vegetarian dish! It's not vegan, but good just the same.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts or 1⁄3 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender, crush up basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper; blend until a thick sauce.
- In a 1 gallon pot, add linguine to boiling water to which you have added 1/2 tsp salt.
- Boil linguine 10 minutes until the pasta is tender; drain thoroughly; rinse w/ cool water.
- Put pasta in in a warm serving dish and spoon pesto sauce over pasta.
- Serve immediately.