Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Miracle -- my two kids, my husband, and I all like this! It makes quite a bit - we had it for at least three dinners.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen chopped green peppers
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped onions
- 2 cups dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, combine undrained tomatoes, rinsed and drained beans, 3 cups water, green peppers, onions, dry lentils, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1/8 tsp black pepper; heat through.
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.