1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Lentil Chili
Miracle -- my two kids, my husband, and I all like this! It makes quite a bit - we had it for at least three dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped green peppers
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped onions
- 2 cups dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a large pot, combine undrained tomatoes, rinsed and drained beans, 3 cups water, green peppers, onions, dry lentils, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- 2Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1/8 tsp black pepper; heat through.
- 5Serve with cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Lentil Chili
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 818.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.8 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 26.0 g