- 4 -6 round carrots (or substitute standard carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 4 -6 baby turnips
- 4 -6 baby beets
- 6 yukon gold potatoes (or other yellow potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs, such as sage,oregano and thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim the root ends and tops from the carrots and turnips.
- Do not trim the root ends of the beets.
- Trim the tops to 1/2 inch.
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and add the olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Turn to mix well.
- Transfer the vegetables to a shallow baking dish and roast for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
Great fall side dish! I used red potatoes and baby Chiogga (sp?) beets, which are pink and white striped. I forgot to get the baby turnips at the farmers market, but will try them next time, because I will be making this again. I added a quartered onion and a sliced shallot instead. It is a really easy recipe. Thanks for posting it!