Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
- 3 large green tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Cut each tomato into 3 thick slices.
- Combine corn meal, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Dip both sides of each tomato slice into corn meal mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large fry pan.
- Fry tomato slices, a few at a time, over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil to pan as needed.
- Serve immediately.