Recipe by Inklefritz19
So I am a very big skeptic when it comes to trying new things, but when i found this recipe I was very weary to try it, but then a thought occured to me... You only live once, and if I don't like it I'll just throw it out... But low and behold I tried it and I loved it! I was so excited that it turned out that I ran over to my mother's house and made her try it too. And she was impressed with it as well. The sweetness of the mango and cranberry mingled with the tangyness of the bbq sauce, makes it a taste sensation.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY, A GREAT NEW TWIST TO PIZZA! I made my own pizza crust & added some mozzarella, just because I like it! The vegetarian beef strips were a new thing for me, & they were good, don't get me wrong, but another time I might try it with some small chunks of chicken breast! Thanks for a nice recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]
- 9 inch prepared pizza crust (can be the pre-made stuff or the canned refrigerated kind, whatever fits your budget) or 9 inch pizza dough (can be the pre-made stuff or the canned refrigerated kind, whatever fits your budget)
- 158.51 ml barbecue sauce (I used the hickory honey flavor)
- 118.29 ml whole berry cranberry sauce
- 236.59 ml vegetarian beef strips (I used Morningstar Farms Veggie Steak Strips)
- 1 mango, peeled, and cubed
- 354.88 ml colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine bbq sauce and cranberry sauce and mix together.
- spread bbq sauce/cranberry mixture onto pizza crust, leaving about a half inch to an inch border on edge.
- sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top of sauce.
- Arrange "steak" and mango on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over "steak" and mango.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 14 - 16 minutes (or until crust is golden brown).
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.