This was a basic veggie sandwich that I came across and tried. It was very bland and lack luster in it's original form. This is my revised version, it now has life, good taste and interest. One of these sandwiches will make lunch for DH and I.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the watercress, carrot, lemon juice and olive oil and salt together.
- 2In a small bowl mix the hummus with the Ras el Hanout until nicely blended.
- 3Toast the bread or slice the pita in half.
- 4FOR BREAD:.
- 5Top 1 slice with some hummus mix, the watercress and carrot salad.
- 6Add with another slice of toast with some hummus and top with the tomato add some salt if you wish.
- 7Lay the final slice of bread, hummus side down, then press lightly and eat as is or cut the sandwich into quarters.
- 8USING A PITA:.
- 9Spread 1 Tbsp into each side of each half of the Pita.
- 10Place an equal amount of tomato slices in each half of the Pita.
- 11Stuff the carrot salad equally into each pita half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Club With a North African Accent
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 662.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix