Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a killer sandwich filler and it's vegan too!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unflavored textured vegetable protein
- 2 teaspoons instant vegetarian chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, then add the TVP granules and broth powder. Remove from the heat and mix well, let cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve on bread, crackers, pita bread or use as a filler for lettuce wraps.
Very good. I made this last night for dinner. I loved the meaty texture of the TVP - I used Bob's Red Mill brand. I did not have green onion on hand so used sweet white onion chopped fine. I added finely chopped cucumber but celery would be good too. After reading other reviews I also added a touch more curry powder than called for. My only advice to others is to start with half as much boullion and taste as you go. I found this to be very salty and even added more TVP and water to reduce the saltiness. Maybe it was the brand I used. I will keep that in mind for the next time and other than that I think this is great! Thank you for posting, Dragon Shoes.
I had to make lunch for 2 vegetarian friends and didn't know where to turn. This came out great. They loved it and so did I
Very good, I did up the curry powder to 1/2 tsp and used vindaloo.
Makes one good sandwich