1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Ceviche
This recipe from about.com substitutes yummy fresh mozzarella for the typical seafood. Posting for ZWT 7, South America, untried by me. Prep time includes both marinating times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the onion very thinly into half-moon slices and place them in a bowl of salt water. Add the juice of 1 lime and leave them to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- 2Chop the red pepper and place in a bowl with the corn.
- 3Finely chop the chile pepper and toss with the vegetables.
- 4Chop the avocado and mozzarella cheese into small (1/2 inch) cubes and add to the bowl.
- 5Drain the onions and add to the other vegetables. Toss the salad gently with the juice of the 2 remaining limes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Marinate salad in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, covered with saran wrap.
- 7Coarsely chop the cilantro and toss the salad gently once more, incorporating the chopped cilantro.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Ceviche
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 363.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g