Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've made these twice, and they're irresistable! Everyone in the family loves them. I got this recipe from Simply Delicious Vegetarian, by Carla Bardi.
- 10 medium tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds with your fingers, sprinkle with a little salt, and place upside down in a colander for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the garlic and parsley together in a bowl, add the bread crumbs and Parmesan, and, using a fork, work the oil in little by little. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a teaspoon, push the filling mixture into the tomato halves. Press it down with your fingers so that it sticks to the inside of the tomatoes (it will swell slightly in the oven and could overflow).
- Place the filled tomatoes in a greased ovenproof dish and back until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.