1 hr 10 mins
I've made these twice, and they're irresistable! Everyone in the family loves them. I got this recipe from Simply Delicious Vegetarian, by Carla Bardi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds with your fingers, sprinkle with a little salt, and place upside down in a colander for 20 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Mix the garlic and parsley together in a bowl, add the bread crumbs and Parmesan, and, using a fork, work the oil in little by little. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Using a teaspoon, push the filling mixture into the tomato halves. Press it down with your fingers so that it sticks to the inside of the tomatoes (it will swell slightly in the oven and could overflow).
- 5Place the filled tomatoes in a greased ovenproof dish and back until tender, about 35 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.2
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 314.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g