1/2 Photos of Vegetable Party Bouquet
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A beautiful way to present your next vegetable platter at any party or potluck. This is fun to make, but will take some practice making the flowers out of the veggies. You can chop and carve the veggies up to 1 day in advance and store them in a bowl of ice water in the refrigerator. Prep time depends on your skill but I had to put something. Serve with a tasty dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 stalks celery, with tops
- 1 head endive
- 1 bunch chicory lettuce
- 1 bunch asparagus spear, blanched
- 1 box thin italian breadstick
- bamboo skewer
- 1Cut the ends off each radish.
- 2Slice half way down on four sides to make petals, leaving the biggest part intact in the center.
- 3Place in a bowl of ice water.
- 4Core bell peppers.
- 5Cut into vertical leaf-shaped slices.
- 6Make carrot tulips by slicing toward the pointed end of the carrot with the tip if a sharp paring knife; do not cut through.
- 7Form two more petals around the carrot.
- 8Angle knife tip to seperate tulip from the rest of the carrot.
- 9Place in ice water.
- 10Cut off the bottom of the green onion stalks leaving about 3 inches of the onion and part of the top.
- 11Reserve the upper part of the tops.
- 12Cut close vertical slits from the cut end down to an inch from the base.
- 13Place in ice water to frill.
- 14Trim skewers to various lengths.
- 15Place reserved onion tops over some of the skewers like a sheath.
- 16Insert top of covered skewers into bottoms of all florets, bell peppers, cucumber slices, radish and carrot flowers, tomatoes, prepared green onion frills, celery stalks, endive leaves and chicory leaves, creating a"stem" on each piece.
- 17Insert uncovered skewers into asparagus spears and breadsticks.
- 18Cut cabbage in half; place in the bottom of the basket, cut side down, as a base.
- 19Create a bouquet by inserting ends of skewers into cabbage, balancing shapes and colors of the vegetables.
- 20Place vegetables on shorter skewers along the outer rim of the basket.
- 21Insert breadsticks just before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Party Bouquet
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: