Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe of our own household! It has been tried out over years, and also by others that we gave the recipe to. Now is the time to share. Goes well with fresh salad or rice. Bon apetite!!
- 1⁄2 kg lean ground beef
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large boiled potato
- 1 large egg
- 3 stalks celery leaves
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and diced small
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch ground oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate onions, boiled potato and tomatoes, and set aside.
- Dice all vegetables small.
- Add all other ingredients to the vegetables and blend intimately into a dough.
- Lightly oil a large shallow cooking pan.
- Separate the dough into small somewhat flattened balls, rolling in your palm.
- Place balls in the cooking pan.
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes at 175-180 C.