Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons Fleischmann's margarine
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup carrot, julienned and steamed
- 1 cup broccoli floret, steamed
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and garlic until tender in 2 Tbs margarine. Add Italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir in carrots and broccoli; set aside and cool.
- Melt remaining margarine in saucepan; add flour, pepper and remain ing salt. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- Rinse in cool water and drain.
- Grease lasagna pan.
- Spoon only enough white sauce into lasagna pan to barely cover the bottom.
- Line with 3 noodles; spoon 1/2 the vegetable mixture over noodles, placing it down the center of each noodle; sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the vegetable mixture. Cover with another layer of pasta; spread with 1/2 the spinach ; cover with 1/2 the remaining white sauce. Repeat the layering; 3 noodles; remaining vegetables, 1/2 remaining mozzarella; 3 noodles, remaining ricotta, spinach and white sauce. Cover with remaining mozzarella, sprinkle with parmesan and parsley over top.
- Bake 45 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crisp green salad and fresh bread.
This recipe is pretty good, but I like a heartier, more tomatoey lasagna.
this was a great recipe. Easy to make. I prepared it ahead of time and threw it in the frig. Cooked the next day and it was wonderful. Great taste. Would make this one again
This recipe was quick and easy to make. The sautéed veggies were great alone but we all felt that the finished lasagna tasted very bland.