Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to use up an abundant zucchini crop, add some other vegetables and you have an easy to make appetizer. I usually serve this with sour cream and chives on the side.
- 709.77 ml zucchini, grated and well-drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 118.29 ml red pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Make sure your zucchini is well drained, I put it in a clean tea towel and squeeze it dry.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, parmesan cheese, pepper sauce, parsley and vegetables. Set aside
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into liquid mixture.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, cut into tiny 1" squares, serve warm or cold, I prefer these at room temperature.
I made these for a holiday open house and they were a HUGE hit! Serve warm...once they're cold they not as yummy!
I also did a trial run on this recipe for my holiday get togethers coming up soon, I made as stated this time, but next time I might omit the carrot and do a couple minor amount adjustments, I might add in some cooked spinach too, this was really a great appy Elly, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
Instead of appetizer, served as side dish with grilled chicken. Guests said it was like a vegetable quiche. Kids ate it, too. Will definitely make again.