Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
Vegan, gluten free and added-sugar free - this recipe is appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. I borrowed this delicious dish from the Savvy Vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chickpeas, canned or pre-cooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chili (to taste)
- 4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, gluten free is best
- 1Heat the beans, broth and bay leaf in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 2Heat the oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or wok.
- 3Briefly sauté the garlic, ginger and mustard seed. Add the sweet potato and celery - sauté about 5 minutes.
- 4Add all the crushed seeds, the turmeric, paprika and dried chili. Stir through. Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- 5Finally, add in the beans, their liquid, and the coconut milk. Stir through and allow to simmer about 10 minutes or until all the veggies are very soft.
- 6Stir in the soy sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Kale Stew
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 416.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: