Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Vegan, gluten free and added-sugar free - this recipe is appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. I borrowed this delicious dish from the Savvy Vegetarian.
- 2 cups chickpeas, canned or pre-cooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chili (to taste)
- 4 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, gluten free is best
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the beans, broth and bay leaf in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or wok.
- Briefly sauté the garlic, ginger and mustard seed. Add the sweet potato and celery - sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all the crushed seeds, the turmeric, paprika and dried chili. Stir through. Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- Finally, add in the beans, their liquid, and the coconut milk. Stir through and allow to simmer about 10 minutes or until all the veggies are very soft.
- Stir in the soy sauce and serve.