Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vegan ice cream really should have a different name, as it always uses frozen banana instead of dairy products. The chile adds a little spicy kick to this, adjust the variety and amount to suit your taste. Adapted from a VegNews recipe.
- 3 large bananas, peeled, chopped into large pieces and frozen solid
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (chocolate, vanilla, or plain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili powder (or more)
- Process all ingredients in a food processor for 1 to 2 minutes to chop banana, then scrape down sides and continue until you get a soft ice cream consistency. Serve immediately.