Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Modified from the Vegan Chef
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2⁄3 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached cane sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups white beet sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons liquid lecithin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- water, for sprinkling on cookies
- Sift the flour, arrowroot, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- Stir 2 TBSP sugar, cinnamon together.
- In third bowl put the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on platter. Sprinkle wate5r on tops and run hands over to lightly moisten. Work in batches. Shake off excess water. Roll each in cinnamon sugar to coat on all sides. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Remove. Allow to cool on sheets a bit before transfering them to rack.
- Store in airtight container.