Recipe by animal lover
Serve Vegan Scrambled Eggs with toasted bread with butter and jam; either hash browns or fried potatoes; and veggie sausage or veggie bacon for a delicious meal. This is a classic American breakfast, healthy style
- 19 ounces white firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 ounces yellow soy cheese
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 teaspoons Tofumate Eggless Salad (optional, available in the health food section) (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash or break the tofu by hand into small pieces; drain in colander.
- Heat oil or margarine in a skillet and cook the tofu for 2 minutes.
- Drain water from tofu and place tofu back into the skillet.
- Add the cheese, Tofumate Eggless Salad (optional), and a few drops of yellow food color. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.