Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the October 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times. This recipe has substituted the yogurt with silken tofu, lemon juice and vinegar for a creamy-tangy taste without the dairy. This is delicious as a condiment with Indian food or as a dip with pita bread. It is not lacking in flavor and a bit on the spicy side. The mint is lovely and adds a nice cooling effect with the chili.
- 8 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar or 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin crescents
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Puree tofu, oil, lemon juice and vinegar and salt in food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in cucumber, Tbsp peanuts, chile, mint and cumin.
- Sprinkle remaining peanuts on top.