Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This vegan queso is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I've only been a vegan for about two months and I'm having major cheese withdrawals, but this queso is the perfect fix! It can be used as a dip, spread, or sauce. Let me know what you think!
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fat-free margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 (5 ounce) can rotel (any kind you like, or you could use 1C of salsa instead)
- Combine dry ingredients first in a small saucepan.
- Add water.
- Whisk CONSTANTLY over medium heat until mixture is well incorporated. (If you don't constantly whisk it, the sauce will become lumpy!).
- Add margarine and Rotel and mix for about another minute or so.
I made an account here at food.com just to review this delicious queso! :)
It is absolutely the solution to my cheese cravings as a vegan. It's salty and cheesy and creamy... it really does taste like a gourmet queso. Y.U.M! Oh my goodness, so quick and easy and delicious. I was skeptical that it would taste like cheese, but it does. Doing a happy dance over here!
The only thing you should know is that the color is not "orangey" like other quesos and cheeses. Instead, it's a darker orange like the color of pumpkin pie. This is because of the paprika you add. Don't let that scare you, though, it is DELICIOUS!
I've been craving queso for such a long time and this was so easy and so delicious
I made this last night and it was amazing! It tastes and smells just like how I remember the real thing. It made a great sauce for nachos while warm, and it was still really good as a dip after being in the fridge. The only thing I would change for the next time I make it is cutting the salt down a little as it was almost too salty.