Tamarind Chutney / Imli Ki Chutney
photo by seenakoshy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup jaggery (powdered and heaped)
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 2 cups of hot water in a bowl.
- Take a pan and add tamarind to this. Pour hot water little by little and mix well without leaving lumps.
- Now switch on the stove and boil the diluted tamarind on medium to high heat by mixing it continuously.
- Add the jaggery to this and keep on stirring it till the jaggery melts completely.
- Mix in Cumin powder, red chilly powder, ginger powder and garam masala powder to this.
- Add salt too and mix well.
- The exotic sweet, sour and tangy Tamarind Chutney is now ready to be served.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!