Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low-fat, low-calorie, and vegan muffins
- 2 cups oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk (I like to use Silk brand)
- 4 ounces egg substitute (for 2 eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Line 12 muffins cups with paper baking cups, or spray with non-sick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine soymilk, egg replacer, molasses, and applesauce.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened. Stir in rasins.
- Fill muffins cups until about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, until golden brown, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes 12 muffins.