Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
As far as I know there isn't a dairy free Nutella on the market, so I've decided to create one of my own. The original idea for this came from www.goodbaker.com. I've added a few extra ingredients to make it my own.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nut butter (smooth almond, hazelnut or whatever type you prefer)
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk powder (soy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and nut butter. Stir until well mixed and then add the soy milk powder. Stir well again.
- If you use a non salted nut butter add a pinch of salt to it.
- This is best made in small batches.
- Keep in a sealed jar in the cupboard. It will stay soft. If you make more then you can eat within 1-2 weeks refrigerate the rest.
- Best to remove from the fridge before spreading as it gets quite stiff if cold.
- You can also heat this in the microwave on the lowest setting for 10 seconds. It will scorch to don't heat on high.
- If you can't find almond or hazelnut butters, use peanut, or make a combination of different ones. The possibilities are endless.
- Bon Appetit.