Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is great on sandwiches, wraps and veggie burgers
- 236.59 ml soymilk
- 591.47 ml safflower oil
- 22.18 ml cider vinegar
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml agave nectar
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 14.79 ml sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- place the soy milk in a blender, and with the belnder still running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Continue adding the oil until it is all absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and whisk in the vinegar, mustard, agave nectar, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- the mayo will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.
RUNNY!!! I even tried two different brands of soya milk and it was STILL runny!!!
Perfect! I had been having a devil of a time getting other vegan mayo recipes to get thick enough but followed directions on this and it was literally too thick to blend in those seasonings - that's why you have to transfer to a bowl and hand mix them in. PERFECT texture, amazing taste. Thanks for a home run recipe!<br/><br/>Edited to add - I have made this dozens of times now and have only had this turn out runny twice - both when using almond milk. Stick to soymilk for the best results.
Wow what a pleasant surprise! This came out great with a good mayo flavor and texture. I used sugar instead of agave nectar. I just whizzed all the ingredients in my magic bullet and it was ready in less than a minute. I only made enough for the pasta salad I was making so I don't know how well it keeps. Thanks for sharing your recipe!