Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gourmet Mac' even the devout cow cheese lover will devour!
- 16 ounces small elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces vegan mayonnaise
- 3 cups nutritional yeast
- non-dairy milk substitute
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Boil noodles according to package directions, then drain.
- Add the jar of Vegenaise.
- Add the yeast.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir well while adding milk substitute until creamy.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a keeper for sure! When I found this recipe, I couldn't wait to try it because I LOVE cooking with Vegenaise, but this was even better than I had hoped. It was EASY to throw together and oh so comforting. I used whole-wheat pasta, halved the recipe, and added a little garlic powder and paprika. Just between you and me: I may or may not have enjoyed the cold leftovers for breakfast. ;)