Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious lactose-free jalapeno poppers perfect for parties!
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese (rice milk cheese usually tastes best) or 1 cup lactose-free cream cheese (rice milk cheese usually tastes best)
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
- Remove the tops of the jalapenos and slice lengthwise. Remove the seeds and ribs inside. Fill the jalapenos with the cheese.
- Pour the milk into a bowl, and pour the flour into a separate bowl. Dredge the jalapenos in the milk followed by the flour. When they are well-coated, dry for about ten minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in milk again and then into a bowl of the breadcrumbs. Let dry and repeat.
- Pour the oil into a large skillet. Let oil heat up, and fry jalapenos for three minutes on each side. When done, place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Cool before serving.