1/12 Photos of Vegan Golden Vanilla Cupcakes
This cupcake recipe is from the book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. You can make this recipe using soy margarine or canola oil. IF USING OIL INSTEAD OF MARGARINE DOUBLE THE SALT. I have only used the canola oil in this recipe and the results were surprisingly delicious. The texture is good and so is the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- 2Whisk the soy milk and the vinegar together and let sit a few minutes until curdled.
- 3IF USING MARGARINE:.
- 4Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- 5In a separate large bowl,use a handheld mixer at medium speed to cream the margarine and sugar for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy, but don't beat past 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and other extract, if using, alternate beating in the soy milk mixture and the dry ingredients, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times.
- 6IF USING OIL:
- 7Beat together the soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, and other extracts, if using, in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no large lumps remain.
- 8Fill cupcake liners two-thirds of the way and bake for 20 to 22 minutes till done. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Golden Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g